Table of Contents
What are conclusion starters? A conclusion starter is a clue that notifies the readers that they are at the final paragraph of the essay. Basically, a conclusion is the end portion of a piece of writing. When writing an essay or thesis, like an introduction, a high level of importance should be given to the conclusion. Remember, your readers may change their perspectives based on how you have concluded your essay. So, try to write your conclusion paragraph in an engaging and thought-provoking manner.
Do you know how to write the conclusion effectively? By using conclusion sentence starter, summary points, and closing sentences, you can write a powerful and persuasive conclusion. To understand more about conclusion starters and the ways to effectively use that in your conclusion, continue reading this blog post.
What is a Conclusion?
A conclusion is a final paragraph in an essay, article, or research paper. Mainly, the conclusion paragraph summarizes the entire writing. The primary aim of the conclusion is to convince the readers about your thoughts. In simple terms, the conclusion wraps up your essay and gives a sense of closure on your piece of writing to your readers. Also, it is the most important part of an essay that has the power to create an impact on the minds of the readers.
How to Write a Conclusion
Generally, many writers don’t give much importance to the conclusion paragraph. Most of the time, the writers will wrap up their essays in a hurry without concentrating much on the conclusion paragraph. Even, some writers will forget to include that section in their essay.
Remember, if the ending of your essay is weak, then obviously your readers will not carry forward the thoughts or ideas you have discussed in your essay. The readers will quickly forget what was shared in your essay. So, in order to leave an impact on the reader’s mind and to persuade the audience, you should write the conclusion with a sense of responsibility.
How to write an effective conclusion? Basically, the thoughts or arguments in an essay will be structured and organized as per a standard essay format. Likewise, the conclusion paragraph in an essay should also be written properly according to a standard format.
When writing a conclusion paragraph in your essay, you should provide a summary of what was discussed in the body paragraphs of your essay. In the conclusion, you should specifically consider the major points that you intend to put forward to your audience. If you have a brilliant introductory paragraph that covers everything about your writing, then similar to that write a concluding paragraph with different wordings.
As per the basic format, the conclusion paragraph should begin with a good conclusion sentence starter. Followed by that, a summary of the important points should be provided. Finally, the paragraph should be closed with a closing sentence that includes a call to action or impactful final words.
Points to Remember When Writing a Conclusion
Here, are a few important tips you should always keep in mind while composing the conclusion paragraph.
- Never introduce a new topic or an idea that was not discussed in your writing.
- Never emphasize the minor points of your essay.
- Place the emphasis only on the main points of your essay that you wish to transfer to the readers.
- To connect with the audience, ask a provocative question related to your essay’s main point. Other than that, you can also use any questions, call to action, or warning to make your readers relate to your writing.
- The conclusion should be influential, and it should leave an impression on the readers’ minds.
- To create an impact, suggestions can also be provided to the readers.
- Make the conclusion as memorable as possible.
Outline of Conclusion Paragraph
When crafting your conclusion paragraph, make sure to stick to the general outline of the conclusion paragraph as mentioned below.
Conclusion Sentence Starter: Begin the concluding section with an excellent conclusion sentence starter. A conclusion starter is the one that gives a sense of closure to the readers.
Summary: Next to the conclusion starter sentence, summarize all the major points in the body paragraphs of the writing.
Closing Sentence: After the brief summary, close the concluding section with a closing sentence. The closing sentence can include a call to action, quotes, suggestions, or any other significant final words.
Advantages of Conclusion
If you have a good conclusion, then you can earn the following benefits.
- It provides a simple and clear overview of the essay.
- It reminds the strength of your arguments to the readers.
- It emphasizes the significant evidence that supports your arguments.
- It motivates the readers to leave comments.
- For blogs, it encourages the readers to subscribe.
An Overview of Conclusion Starters
In a conclusion paragraph, the conclusion starters are the most important thing that should be given concentration. Basically, the conclusion starter sentence is the first sentence in the conclusion paragraph that will inform the readers that you are about to close your writing. The simplest way to complete the job is by using the conclusion starter words.
The conclusion starters are nothing but simple keywords or phrases that will indicate to the readers the closure of your writing. In other terms, the conclusion starters can also be identified as a link between the body and conclusion paragraph. There are numerous conclusion starters available.
Generally, based on the type of writing, the structure of the conclusion paragraph also changes. However, for essays types like argumentative essays, descriptive essays, compare and contrast essays, and narrative essays, the conclusion starter words are typically the same but the conclusion sentences are different.
Characteristics of Good Conclusion Starters
Simply ending an essay abruptly will not be impactful to the readers. So, write a conclusion paragraph and sum up the key concepts or points discussed in the body paragraphs of the essay. Most importantly, to let the readers know they have reached the end part of a document, use conclusion starters at the beginning of the conclusion paragraph. The conclusion starters are transitional phrases that should possess the following characteristics.
- Conclusion starters should be just a few words that introduce the beginning sentence of the concluding section.
- It should let the readers know that they have reached the start of the closing section.
- It makes the readers understand what they are about the read in that section would not provide any new piece of information.
- It sets an expectation to the readers regarding how the work will be moved to the finish point.
List of the best Conclusion Starters
If you are a school, college, or research student, then you will often be assigned a task to write an essay or a research paper. When writing the content for a speech or an essay, you should have a proper conclusion paragraph. In the final paragraph, make sure to choose a conclusion starter that sets an appropriate tone.
Listed below are some best conclusion starters that you can consider while writing the conclusion paragraph.
Engaging Conclusion Starters for High School
- In conclusion
- In a nutshell
- In closing
- To summarize
- In brief
- To finish with
- Above all
- In short
- I conclude that
- As a result
- To sum it all up
- On balance
- To put it briefly
- In a word
- As I see it
- As stated above
- On the whole
- All in all
- Cutting a long story short
- As shown above
- Given these points
- Based on the discussion above
Good Conclusion Starters for College
- In effect
- To review
- Without doubt
- Looking back
- In my opinion
- The study concluded
- The broad conclusion
- In the end
- Towards this end
- I recommend that
- I agree that
- For these reasons
- All things considered
- From now on
- I hope you
- In the future
- In the final analysis
- To wrap it all up
- As a final point
- The informative conclusion is that
- Last but not least
- The summative conclusion is that
- I hope you can now learn that
- The time has come to
- So, I have come to a conclusion
- After all has been said
- For the most part
- You should now consider
- I think I have shown that
- Now you know why
Conclusion Starters for Research Papers
- As a result of
- Based on the results
- In the final result
- Data seem to indicate
- The data indicate
- The major revelation from this study
- While additional research is needed
- As indicated by the data
- Based on what we have at this point
- The results of this study indicate
- With products like these, it seems
- To extrapolate from the data
- Surprisingly, the information revealed
- In light of these results
- Based on the evidence presented
- The data reveal
- Upon analyzing the data
- In the context of x, it seems that
- As expected, the results indicate
- While these results seem to indicate
- What this study reveals is
- The results of this study demonstrate
- What we now know is
- Upon review of these findings
- While further research is warranted
Conclusion Starters for Essay
- After all
- As stated in the introduction
- As you can see
- Due to
- So in the end
- Even though
- My overall conclusion is
- I conclude
- I hope I have been able to convince you that
- It is clear that
- Keep in mind
- I think
- So, I have come to a conclusion that
- In all
- In fact
- In lieu of this
- To Conclude
- One can conclude
- You can see that
- In general
- As expressed
- In spite of
- To this end
- To wrap it up
- For this reason
- In my view
- To Finish
- In summary
- I conclude with
- Simply put
- In this way
- As stated
- That’s why I think
- To sum it up
- The logical conclusion seems to be
Great Conclusion Starters
- One final idea
- After discussing
- The nexus between
- My conclusions are
- To finish off
- I look forward to
- My final bow is that
- It is my sincere belief that
- It is worth re-examining
- I would like to say finally
- As I already explained
- As this paper demonstrates
- It strikes me that
- My final thoughts are
- To briefly review
- All in all
- Through this research, we learn that
- It is my conviction that
- My verdict is that
- I am convinced that
- As evidence shows
- It seems clear to me that
- My last point is
- That was the conclusion reached
- The summative end is that
- Do you realize that
- My reflections on
- Based on the evidence presented, it seems
- There must be no doubt that
- The research proves that
- My final question is
- It is obvious that
- The data indicate that
- On the whole
- The facts support the argument that
Excellent Conclusion Starters
- I feel we have no choice but to conclude
- In drawing to a close
- Upon exploring the situation from multiple perspectives
- In light of this information
- When considered from the perspective of
- Now that you know
- What it boils down to
- What else can we conclude but that
- The data clearly indicate
- Upon considering all the facts
- What other conclusion can we draw from
- When faced with the question of
- With all this in mind
- Based on what is known at this point in time
- While further study is warranted
- What I think is
- Surprisingly, the data revealed
- The major revelation from this study is
- The results of this study seem to indicate
- To wrap this up
- With results like these, it seems
- To cut a long story short
- After all has been said and done
- As I see things
- To get to the heart of the matter
- Beyond a shadow of a doubt
- Without all the mumbo jumbo
- In case you’ve wondered
- In simple terms
- When all is said and done
- What I believe to be true
- To plainly state the facts
- At the end of the day
- My personal take on
- To cut to the chase
- What are we to think about
- Who knew that
- On considering the different facts presented in this work
- In a simple language
Conclusion Starters for Thesis
- From the above-determined results, it seems
- What the study reveals is
- Unexpectedly the data revealed
- The result of this research showcases
- While further research is required
- As per the final analysis
- In the context of the concept
- The significant revelations made by the study
- On reviewing these findings it can be stated
- As expected, the results signify
- To assume from the data
- While further research is competent
- In the light of these findings
- Since the data indicate
- As per the data, it can be indicated
Popular Conclusion Starters
- To reach the core of the heart
- To make a long story short
- As the time comes to wrap up
- As I observe things
- No one could have assumed that
- After all, has been told and done
- As per my perspective
- Due to the result
- On exploring the situation from different angles it can be concluded
- When faced with the question of
- There is nothing else we can conclude but
- Considering from the perspective of
- With all these in mind
- All aspects considered
- In drawing to the closure
From the list of conclusion starters suggested in this blog post, you can choose any appropriate concluding words or phrases for writing the conclusion of an essay or speech. No matter what your topic is, in order to make your writing or speech memorable for the target audience, be sure to prepare an effective conclusion. In particular, to give the readers a sense of closure try to use the best conclusion starters at the beginning of your concluding paragraph sentence.
On the whole, writing a conclusion paragraph is a challenging task to deal with. You should carefully choose the words and summarize the main points in a way that is convincing to the readers. In case, you are not sure how to write an effective conclusion using the conclusion starters, call us and take our assignment writing help. To offer you reliable academic assistance, we have a team of professional academic writers who are experts in writing essays and research papers on the best topics.
If you wish to avail of our assignment writing service, just fill in the requirements and submit the order form. Based on your requirements, our expert writers will help you to complete your essay writing or dissertation writing assignment on time at an affordable rate. We are well-known for delivering plagiarism-free, high-scoring, top-quality content. So, without any hesitation, just place your order and make use of our assignment paper writing service.